Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Carrot Cake Protein Oatmeal




Now, I'm not normally a carrot cake kinda gal, but there is one cake that has my heart: carrot cake! (oh and cheesecake, but that's another story). So when I stumbled upon a few recipes for carrot cake oatmeal I immediately knew that I had to try my own. Of course being the gym rat that I am, I had to add some protein (which can be omitted if desired)

Ingredients:
2 cups of unsweetened vanilla almond milk 
1 large carrot peeled into slithers 
Little over 2/3 cup of old fashioned oats (can use gluten free oats instead)
1 tsp vanilla extract 
1 tsp cinnamon 
1/2 scoop of vanilla whey protein

Directions: 
1. Peel large carrot into slithers. 
2. Add almond milk, carrots, oats, cinnamon and vanilla to a pan and bring to a boil. 
3. Add oats once boiling. Cook for about 5-6 mins or until thickened, stirring occasionally. Add whey 1 min before turning off and stir well. 
4. If desired add organic raisins and chopped walnuts and stir. Once thickened turn off heat and then serve. 
5. Top with whatever desired toppings. I chose organic strawberries, unsweetened untoasted shredded coconut and some chia seeds!

No comments:

Post a Comment