Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Quinoa pasta with kale, mushrooms and tomatoes


Being on vacation is not an excuse for me to stop reaching for my goals. I 100% approve taking breaks and allowing yourself to indulge every once or in awhile or if desired. However, I indulged all of last week so I decided to keep this week as clean as I could. In order to do so, I made sure to go grocery shopping and pick up a few essential here and there so I could make my own clean meals.

For lunch today I was starving so I used up a few things in our fridge and came up with this DELICIOUS creation.

Ingredients:
Kale
Mushrooms
Tomatoes
Quinoa tri color spiral pasta
Dash of oregano
Tiny bit of EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)

Directions:
1. Cook pasta according to directions.
2. As pasta is cooking, start chopping mushrooms and tomatoes while warming up a pan with some EVOO.
3. Add mushrooms to pan and sauté until golden.
4. Add kale and continue cooking until its wilted. You can add a lot, it really shrivels up! I did not add nearly enough
5. Add tomatoes at the very end to just warm them
6. Add oregano and stir to make sure it is absorbed.
7. Top pasta with veggies and if desired add some freshly shaved parmesan and a drop of oil to allow it to all come together.
Voila! 

Takes a total of 10 minutes including pasta cook time to make and is packed with nutrients. Kale is a superfood and this is an easy way to add it to a daily dish to elevate it to the next nutrient level!

Oh and for all my gluten sensitive or gluten free friends this IS gluten free so dig in!

No comments:

Post a Comment